Part No.: MODHUB-16F
Country of Manufacture: United States (USA)
Product Type: 16-Port Powered Card Cage
MODHUB-16F is a 6-Port Powered Card Cage flange mounted component. It has four slots and can support up to 16 ports. MOD HUB "F" denotes a flange-mounted enclosure, which is common for panel-board mounting. The MOD HUB family of modular active hubs makes it easy and flexible to expand ARCNET local area networks. The MOD HUB is outfitted with EXP extension modules that support the specified cabling technology.
- The MOD HUB is available with four or twelve expansion slots. As most extension modules have four ports, a total of 48 ports can be delivered by a single hub. MOD HUBS can be cascaded via an expansion connector on each hub to extend the network to the ARCNET technology's limits.
- The MOD HUB includes a built-in universal voltage power supply, a four or sixteen slot card cage, and an internal timing module that is permanently mounted in the hub's backplane. The MOD HUB does not include any expansion modules. The timing module employs a precision delay line timing generator to renew the receiving ARCNET signal while minimizing bit jitter. The regenerated signal is subsequently forwarded to all other hub ports. A watchdog timer is added to avoid hub lockup, reducing the need to cycle power on a broken hub. For great accuracy and repeatability, the hub unlatch delay time is calculated using a crystal oscillator.
- Active hubs improve the resilience of ARCNET networks. They are the maximum distance that each cable segment can travel—up to 2000 feet on coaxial segments. They avoid network disturbance by squelching reflections created by open or shorted cable segments connected to the hub. Unused hub ports do not have to be disconnected. Active hubs enable a dispersed star architecture, reducing the amount of cabling necessary in a plant.
- Operating temperature: -40°C to +85°C
- Storage temperature: 0°C to +60°C
MODHUB-16F Functional characteristics
- Hub delay: 320 ns (typ)
- Time to unlatch: 5.9 s (typ)
- Extended timeouts: Supports all three ARCNET timeout extensions.
- Nominal signaling rate: 2.5 Mbps
- ANSI/ATA 878.1 compliance
- Input voltage: 100 VAC to 230 VAC (+/-10%)
- Input current: 0.5 amps max
- Input frequency: 47 Hz to 63 Hz
- Input fuse(s): 1 amp slo blo, 5 mm x 20 mm
- Mounting Style: flange mount
- Signaling: ARCNET
- Number Of Ports: Sixteen
The most extensive assortment of GE and Bently Nevada products can be found at World of Controls. Please contact WOC if you require any additional information.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is MODHUB-16F?
MODHUB-16F is a 6-Port Powered Card Cage flange mounted component.
How to obtain MODHUB-16F?
WOC provides OEM turbine control parts. Contact World of Controls for more information.