Part No.: IS200EISBH1AAC
Manufacturer: General Electric
Country of Manufacture: United States of America (USA)
Temperature Operating: -30 to 65oC
Product Type: Exciter ISBus Board
Availability: In Stock
IS200EISBH1AAC is an Exciter ISBus Board developed by GE. It is a part of EX2100 control system. Exciter ISBus Board (EISB) plays a pivotal role in the integrated communication infrastructure of the M1, M2, and C controllers within a sophisticated control system. This specialized communication board facilitates the reception and transmission of crucial fiber-optic feedback signals, serving as a key intermediary in the seamless exchange of information between various system components.
Fiber-Optic Feedback Signal Handling
- At its core, the board is designed to efficiently manage fiber-optic feedback signals.
- Functioning as a conduit for these signals, the board ensures their accurate reception and transmission over the control backplane. This capability is integral to maintaining a real-time and reliable flow of information crucial for the optimal performance of the DSPX controller.
Communication: DSPX, Tool, and Keypad Ports
- The EISB extends its communication prowess beyond fiber-optic signals.
- It acts as a bridge between the DSPX controller and the tool and keypad ports, employing RS-232C communication through the backbone connector. This versatile connectivity enables effective communication channels, fostering seamless interaction and control between the diverse elements of the system.
Redundancy Support for Exciters: ISBus Interface
- Acknowledging the importance of redundancy in critical systems, the EISB is equipped with ISBus interface electronics.
- The ISBus, a proprietary communications interface developed by GE, facilitates data transfer among the M1, M2, and C controllers of the exciter. This redundancy support enhances the system's reliability, ensuring continuous and uninterrupted operation, particularly in scenarios involving redundant exciters.
Compact and Placement
- The EISB is ingeniously designed as a single-slot, 3U high module, strategically positioned in the control rack beneath the DSPX. Its location optimizes accessibility and integration, streamlining the overall layout of the control system.
- The front panel of the EISB features fiber-optic connectors, serving as entry points for current and voltage signals sourced from the generator field. Additionally, the EISB manages signals to and from the Ground Detection module, contributing to the comprehensive communication network within the system.
- Input for Generator Field DC Voltage from the EDCF board.
- Input for Generator Field DC Current from the board.
- Optional input for Exciter Voltage from the EDCF
- Optional input for Exciter Current from the board.
- Input for Ground Detector Voltage.
- Output for Ground Detector Voltage.
Keypad and Tool
- The Exciter ISBus Board encompasses advanced communication capabilities, notably featuring RS-232C drivers tailored for interaction with both the keypad and an external computer through the tool port. This dual functionality enhances the versatility and accessibility of the system, catering to distinct communication needs.
- Keypad Communication: Equipped with an RS-232C driver expressly designed for communication with the keypad. This driver facilitates a seamless and responsive exchange of data between the EISB and the keypad, contributing to efficient control and monitoring functionalities. The provision of +24 V dc and a 24 V dc return from the backplane ensures a stable power source for the keypad, supporting its operational requirements.
- Tool Port Communication: In addition to keypad communication, it boasts another RS-232C driver specifically dedicated to interacting with an external computer through the tool port. This feature enables a direct and robust connection between the EISB and external computing devices, facilitating data transfer and system configuration. The RS-232C driver ensures compatibility with a wide range of data rates, spanning from 1200 to 38.4 KBaud, catering to various communication needs and providing flexibility for different application scenarios.
- Power Supply Considerations for Keypad Operation: The provision of +24 V dc and a 24 V dc return from the backplane serves a dual purpose. Apart from supporting the RS-232C driver for keypad communication, this power supply configuration ensures a reliable and consistent power source for the keypad. This is essential for maintaining uninterrupted functionality, contributing to the overall reliability and stability of the communication system.
The WOC team is always available to help you with your EX2100 requirements. For more information, please contact WOC.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is IS200EISBH1AAC?
It is an Exciter ISBus Board developed by GE under the EX2100 series.
What is the EISB module, and where is it located within the system?
It is a specialized communication module, occupying a single slot and measuring 3U in height. It is strategically positioned in the control rack beneath the DSPX controller.
How does the module connect with the generator field and Exciter?
Using fiber-optic connectors on its front panel, the module facilitates the reception of current and voltage signals from the generator field. If required, it can also accept signals from the Exciter. This interaction is facilitated through EDCF.
What role does the EISB play in signal transmission?
The module acts as a vital intermediary, not only accepting signals from the generator field and Exciter but also transmitting signals to the Ground Detection module. This establishes a cohesive communication network within the system.