Part Number: IS230TRTDH2D
Manufacturer: General Electric
Series: Mark VIe
Number of channels: Eight
Span 0.3532 to 4.054 V
Maximum lead resistance: 15 ohm
Function: Simplex RTD Input Assembly
Availability: In Stock
Country of Manufacture: United States (USA)
IS230TRTDH2D is a Simplex RTD Input Assembly manufactured by General Electric. It is a part of Mark VIe control system. The TRTD Resistance Temperature Device (RTD) terminal board is a specialized board designed to handle temperature measurement using Resistance Temperature Detectors (RTDs). This board offers several features to ensure accurate and reliable temperature sensing. Here is an expansion on the board:
- The board is capable of accepting 16 three-wire RTD inputs. RTDs are sensors that measure temperature by correlating the change in electrical resistance of a metal element with temperature. The board provides the necessary connections and circuitry to interface with these sensors.
- The inputs are wired to two barrier type terminal blocks. These terminal blocks facilitate the secure and organized connection of the sensor wires. They provide a reliable and accessible interface point for connecting the RTDs to the terminal board.
- To ensure accurate temperature measurements, the terminal board is equipped with noise suppression circuitry. This circuitry is designed to protect against surge and high-frequency noise that can interfere with the RTD signals. By suppressing such noise, the board ensures reliable and stable temperature readings.
- The board communicates with one or more I/O processors. These processors are responsible for converting the analog RTD inputs into digital temperature values. The I/O processors also facilitate the transfer of the temperature data to the controller or monitoring system for further analysis or control purposes.
- The board operates as a simplex board, meaning it has a single communication path. It features two DC-type connectors for PRTD (Platinum RTD) fast scan. These connectors enable the fast scanning and reading of the RTD inputs, ensuring efficient temperature monitoring and control.
- The terminal board provides a robust and reliable solution for temperature measurement using RTDs. With its barrier type terminal blocks, noise suppression circuitry, and communication with I/O processors, it offers accurate and stable temperature readings for various industrial applications.
- The RTDs are connected to two terminal blocks, with each block securely fastened using two screws. These terminal blocks have 24 terminals each, capable of accepting wires up to 12 AWG (American Wire Gauge) in size. This allows for a wide range of wire sizes to be used for the RTD connections, ensuring flexibility in installation.
- Adjacent to each terminal block, there is a shield terminal strip that is attached to chassis ground. This strip provides a designated grounding point for the shields of the RTD cables. Shielding is important for minimizing electromagnetic interference (EMI) and ensuring accurate temperature measurements. For CE mark applications, double-shielded wire is required, and all shields must be terminated at the shield terminal strip. It is important to note that shields located at the end device should not be terminated.
- The inputs of the board meet environmental and code compliance requirements to ensure reliable operation. These requirements may include temperature and humidity ranges, electrical safety standards, and compliance with industry regulations and certifications.
- The RTD inputs maintain the necessary resolution to accurately measure temperature changes. Additionally, the board features suppression circuitry to protect against surge and high-frequency noise that could impact the RTD signals.
- The terminal board offers fast scan functionality, allowing for efficient scanning and reading of the RTD inputs. However, the TRTDH1B variant, which provides redundant inputs, does not have fast scan capability.
WOC is happy to assist you with any of your automation requirements. For pricing and availability on any parts and repairs contact us.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is IS230TRTDH2D?
It is a Simplex RTD Input Assembly manufactured and designed by General Electric
How many RTD inputs can the board accept?
The terminal board can accept 16 three-wire RTD inputs. This means it can accommodate up to 16 individual RTD sensors for temperature measurement.
What type of terminal blocks are used for wiring the RTD inputs?
The inputs are wired to two barrier type terminal blocks. These terminal blocks provide a secure and organized connection point for the RTD sensor wires.
Does the board have noise suppression circuitry?
Yes, it is equipped with noise suppression circuitry. This circuitry is specifically designed to protect the RTD inputs from surge and high-frequency noise. It ensures that the temperature measurements remain accurate and unaffected by external disturbances.