Part Number: IS230TBTCH5B
Manufacturer: General Electric
Series: Mark VIe
Function: Thermocouple Input Terminal Board
Availability: In Stock
Number of channels: 24
Cold junction temperature accuracy: CJ accuracy 1.1
Product type: PCB
Country of Manufacture: United States (USA)
IS230TBTCH5B is a Thermocouple Input Terminal Board developed by GE. It is a part of Mark VIe control system. The Thermocouple Input (TBTC) terminal board is designed to handle various types of thermocouple inputs and facilitate their communication with the I/O processor. The terminal board, in combination with the PTCC I/O pack, ensures accurate and reliable measurement of temperature using thermocouples. It offers compatibility with a range of thermocouple types and provides the necessary connectivity and communication infrastructure for efficient integration into the overall control system. Whether in simplex, dual, or TMR applications, the TBTC terminal board enables precise temperature monitoring and control, contributing to the overall operational efficiency and safety of the system.
- The board is capable of accepting 24-type E, J, K, S, or T thermocouple inputs. These different thermocouple types are commonly used to measure temperature in industrial processes. The terminal board provides compatibility with a wide range of thermocouples, allowing for versatile temperature monitoring and control.
- In addition to the above-mentioned thermocouple types, the TBTC terminal board supports the use of B, N, and R types of thermocouple inputs when used in conjunction with the PTCCH2 module in the Mark VIe system. This expanded compatibility further enhances the terminal board's versatility, enabling temperature measurement across various applications and industries.
- To facilitate the wiring of thermocouple inputs, the TBTC is equipped with two barrier-type blocks. These blocks serve as connection points for the thermocouples, ensuring secure and reliable electrical connections. The barrier design provides isolation and protection against electrical noise and interference, maintaining the accuracy of the temperature measurements.
- Communication between the terminal board and the I/O processor is established through DC-type connectors. These connectors facilitate the transfer of data and signals between the terminal board and the I/O processor, ensuring seamless integration and reliable communication within the control system.
- By combining the acceptance of multiple thermocouple types, the provision of barrier-type blocks for wiring, and the use of DC-type connectors for communication, the TBTC terminal board offers a comprehensive solution for thermocouple input management. It enables accurate and efficient temperature monitoring and control within the Mark VIe system, catering to the diverse needs of industrial processes.
- he TBTC (Thermocouple Input) terminal board is an integral part of the system and is designed to work seamlessly with the PTCC (Process Thermocouple Conversion) I/O pack. It offers support for different application configurations, including simplex, dual, and TMR (Triple Modular Redundancy) setups, providing flexibility and adaptability to meet various system requirements.
- In simplex systems, the terminal board can accommodate two PTCC packs, which can be plugged into the TBTCH1C (Thermocouple Barrier Terminal Connection H1C). This configuration allows for a total of 24 thermocouple inputs. Each simplex PTCC pack typically provides 12 inputs, thus combining two packs provides the desired 24 inputs. This configuration is suitable for applications where redundancy and fault tolerance are not the primary concerns.
- For system configurations that require fewer inputs, the (Thermocouple Barrier Terminal Connection) can be utilized. It is possible to connect one, two, or three PTCC packs, depending on the specific needs of the application. Each simplex PTCC pack offers 12 inputs, allowing for the following configurations:
- Simplex pack: One PTCC pack with 12 inputs.
- Simplex packs: Two PTCC packs with a total of 24 inputs.
- TMR packs: Three PTCC packs with a total of 36 inputs.
- These configurations provide options for optimizing the system based on the required number of thermocouple inputs and the desired level of redundancy and fault tolerance.
- The Thermocouple Input board offers flexibility in terms of grounding options for the 24 thermocouple inputs it supports. These inputs can be configured as either grounded or ungrounded, depending on the specific requirements of the system or application. This flexibility allows for customization and adaptation to different grounding practices or standards.
- To ensure reliable operation and accurate temperature measurement, the thermocouple inputs connected to the TBTC board can be located at distances of up to 300 meters (984 feet) from the turbine control panel. This extended reach allows for greater flexibility in the placement of temperature sensing points, accommodating various installation scenarios and system designs.
- The maximum allowable two-way cable resistance for these extended distances is set at 450 ohms. This specification ensures that the electrical signals transmitted between the thermocouple inputs and the TBTC terminal board maintain their integrity and accuracy, even over longer cable runs. By adhering to this resistance limit, the system can effectively mitigate the potential effects of signal degradation or distortion caused by cable impedance.
- It incorporates high-frequency noise suppression circuitry to protect the thermocouple inputs from surge and high-frequency noise interference. This noise suppression capability ensures that the temperature measurement signals remain immune to external disturbances, enhancing the accuracy and reliability of the measured data.
- To facilitate precise temperature measurements, the TBTC terminal board is equipped with two CJ (Cold Junction) reference devices. These CJ reference devices play a crucial role in compensating for the effects of temperature variations at the cold junction of the thermocouples. By accurately measuring and compensating for the ambient temperature, the CJ reference devices enable the I/O processor to perform analog-to-digital conversion and linearization specifically tailored to the characteristics of each thermocouple type. This calibration process ensures accurate and reliable temperature readings, regardless of the specific thermocouple type being used.
WOC is happy to assist you with any of your GE requirements. Please contact us by phone or email for pricing and availability on any parts and repairs.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is IS230TBTCH5B?
It is a Thermocouple Input Terminal Board developed by GE.
How far can the thermocouple inputs be located from the turbine control panel?
The thermocouple inputs connected to the terminal board can be located up to 300 meters away from the turbine control panel.
Can the board be used in both simplex and redundant system configurations?
Yes, the terminal board supports both simplex and redundant system configurations.
How does the module communicate with the I/O processor?
The communication between the terminal board and the I/O processor is established through DC-type connectors. These connectors facilitate the transfer of data and signals between the terminal board and the I/O processor, ensuring seamless integration and reliable communication within the control system.