Part No.: IS230TBTCH1B
Manufacturer: General Electric
Product Type: Thermocouple Input terminal board
Country of Manufacture: United States (USA)
Number of channels: 24
Availability: In Stock
Series: Mark VIe
IS230TBTCH1B is a thermocouple input terminal board developed by GE. It is a part of Mark VIe control system. The Thermocouple Input terminal board accepts thermocouple inputs of 24-type E, J, K, S, or T. It only accepts additional B, N, and R thermocouple inputs when used with the PTCCH2 in the Mark VIe control system. These inputs are connected to two barrier-type terminal blocks. Through DC-type connectors, TBTC communicates with the I/O processor.
- Accepts 24-type E, J, K, S, or T thermocouples, ensuring that it caters to a wide spectrum of temperature sensing needs. However, it's important to note that for thermocouples of the B, N, and R types, compatibility is unlocked when the TBTCH1B is coupled with the PTCCH2 within the Mark VIe control system.
- This integration expands the horizon of possibilities for temperature measurement.
Terminal Block Design
- Boasts a well-thought-out design, with thermocouple inputs being connected to two sturdy barrier-type terminal blocks. These terminal blocks not only provide a secure connection but also facilitate easy maintenance when needed.
- The terminal blocks are skillfully designed to accept wires up to #12 AWG, ensuring compatibility with a broad range of wire sizes. On the left side of each terminal block, a dedicated shield terminal strip is connected to chassis ground, enhancing signal integrity and reducing interference.
- Effective communication is key in any control system, and the TBTCH1B excels in this regard.
- It establishes communication with the I/O processor via DC-type connectors, ensuring that temperature data is seamlessly transmitted and processed within the Mark VIe control system.
Compatibility and Configurability
- Designed to seamlessly integrate with the PTCC I/O pack in the Mark VIe system, offering flexibility for various application scenarios. It readily supports simplex, dual, and TMR (Triple Modular Redundant) configurations, catering to diverse industrial setups.
- In simplex systems, two PTCC packs can be conveniently plugged, providing a total of 24 inputs. Moreover, the TBTCH1B's flexibility shines through in its ability to accommodate one, two, or three PTCC packs, enabling system engineers to tailor configurations to meet specific project requirements.
- Installing the module is a straightforward process. Thermocouple wires can be directly connected to the two I/O terminal blocks, which are held securely in place with two screws each.
- Each of these blocks features 24 terminals, capable of accommodating wires up to 12 AWG. Furthermore, the presence of the shield terminal strip on the left side of each terminal block ensures proper grounding for enhanced system performance.
- Number of Channels: Impressively supports 24 channels per terminal board, offering comprehensive data acquisition capabilities.
- Cold Junction Temperature Accuracy: With an exceptional cold junction temperature accuracy of 1.1 degrees Celsius, the module ensures that temperature measurements are precise and reliable.
- Span: It offers a wide span, with ranges of -8 mV to +45 mV when connected to PTCCH1/VTCCH1, and -20 mV to +95 mV when connected to PTCCH2/VTCCH2, providing flexibility in temperature measurement and control.
- Full-scale input ranges for various thermocouple types are supported. The accompanying tables outline typical input voltages for different thermocouple types across minimum and maximum temperature ranges. Cold junction temperature (CJ) ranges are assumed to be between -30 and 65 degrees Celsius, ensuring accurate and reliable measurements even in challenging environmental conditions.
World of Controls has the most comprehensive collection of GE components. Please contact WOC as soon as possible if you require any extra information.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is IS230TBTCH1B?
It is a thermocouple input terminal board developed by GE.
How many channels are there per terminal board?
There are 24 channels per terminal board.
What is the Cold Junction Temperature Accuracy?
The Cold Junction Temperature Accuracy is 1.1 degrees Celsius.
What is the Span range if TBTC is connected to PTCCH1 / VTCCH1?
The Span range is -8 mV to +45 mV if TBTC is connected to PTCCH1 / VTCCH1.
What is the Span range if TBTC is connected to PTCCH2 / VTCCH2?
The Span range is -20 mV to +95 mV if TBTC is connected to PTCCH2 / VTCCH2.