Part Number: IS230TBCIH6C
Manufacturer: General Electric
Series: Mark VIe
Size 33.02 cm high x 10.16 cm wide
Number of channels: 24
Power consumption: 20.6 watts
Temperature Operating: -30 to 65oC
Function: Contact Input Module
Availability: In Stock
Country of Manufacture: United States (USA)
IS230TBCIH6C is a Contact Input Module manufactured and designed by General Electric. It is a part of the Mark VIe Control System. It is designed to handle up to 24 such inputs, making it a versatile and practical solution for a wide range of applications. The TBCI is equipped with two barrier type terminal blocks, which provide a secure and organized way to connect the dry contact inputs. These terminal blocks ensure proper isolation and prevent any unintentional short circuits or interference between the different inputs. This configuration simplifies the installation process and ensures that the connections are stable and easy to maintain.
- To enable contact excitation, a DC power source is connected. This power supply is responsible for energizing the dry contacts when required, allowing the board to sense and respond to changes in the state of the external devices connected to it. This excitation process is crucial for the reliable functioning of the input monitoring system.
- The product incorporates advanced noise suppression circuitry to safeguard against unwanted disturbances that may arise from surges or high-frequency noise in the environment. Such disturbances could potentially lead to false readings or malfunctions in the system. However, with the noise suppression circuitry in place, the Input module can effectively filter out these interferences, ensuring accurate and consistent input readings under varying environmental conditions.
- By employing this noise suppression technology, the module enhances the overall reliability and precision of the connected control or monitoring system. It provides a robust and stable interface for processing the dry contact inputs and ensures that the data obtained from external devices remains consistent and dependable.
- This combination of features makes the contact input terminal board an indispensable tool for applications such as industrial process control, building automation, security systems, and various other fields where precise and interference-free contact monitoring is critical. With its capacity for multiple inputs, robust terminal block design, DC power excitation, and noise suppression circuitry, the TBCI stands as a reliable and efficient solution for integrating dry contact devices into electronic systems.
- The 24 dry contact inputs are seamlessly integrated into the contact input terminal board by directly wiring them to two robust I/O terminal blocks. These terminal blocks are thoughtfully positioned on the board to ensure efficient and organized connections. To provide structural stability and ease of maintenance, the terminal blocks are securely held in place with two screws, minimizing the risk of unintended disconnections.
- The versatility of the terminal blocks becomes apparent in their design, as each block is equipped with an impressive 24 terminals. These terminals are engineered to accept wires with a gauge size of up to #12 AWG, allowing for a wide range of compatible wire thicknesses. This feature ensures compatibility with various types of wiring and provides the flexibility needed for different applications.
- For ease of maintenance and repair, the terminal blocks can be effortlessly unplugged from the contact input terminal board. This feature enables technicians or engineers to carry out any necessary maintenance tasks or troubleshoot issues conveniently. By detaching the terminal blocks, the entire system can be quickly accessed and serviced without the need for extensive disassembly, reducing downtime and increasing system uptime.
- To address any concerns regarding electromagnetic interference or grounding, a shield terminal strip is thoughtfully integrated into the design. Positioned immediately to the left of each terminal block, this shield terminal strip is connected to the chassis ground. Chassis ground serves as a reference point for grounding electrical components, reducing the risk of electrical noise and providing a reliable pathway for discharging any unwanted electromagnetic interference. The shield terminal strip ensures that the terminal blocks and connected devices are well-protected against potential disturbances, maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the dry contact inputs.
- Designed to handle critical turbine control operations, the integrity of data and signal accuracy is of utmost importance. To ensure reliable performance, filters are strategically employed to effectively mitigate high-frequency noise and suppress any surge that might occur on each input near the point of signal entry.
- Given the nature of the dry contact inputs, they require a stable and secure power supply. Therefore, a floating 125 V DC supply, with a voltage range of 100 V to 145 V DC, is utilized to power these inputs. This flexible voltage range allows the system to adapt to varying power conditions, providing a robust and reliable power source for the dry contacts.
- Safety is a top priority in such applications, and to safeguard the system from potential overloads, the 125 V DC bus is thoughtfully equipped with current-limiting functionality in the power distribution module. This measure ensures that the power supplied to each contact input remains within safe operating limits, minimizing the risk of electrical faults and protecting the system components from damage.
- As the discrete input voltage signals are generated, they are sent to the I/O processor for further processing. Before these signals proceed, an essential step is to pass them through optical isolators. These isolators serve multiple crucial functions. Firstly, they provide group isolation, effectively separating the input signals from one another. This isolation prevents any cross-talk or interference between different input signals, maintaining the integrity of individual data streams.
- Moreover, optical isolators offer a vital layer of protection by electrically isolating the input signals from the system controller. This means that even in the event of electrical faults or surges in the system, the signals received by the I/O processor remain unaffected and isolated, safeguarding the sensitive components of the system controller.
- Once the signals have been processed and isolated by the I/O processor and optical isolators, they are transferred to the system controller. The system controller acts as the central brain of the entire turbine control system, where the data is analyzed, interpreted, and appropriate control actions are executed.
WOC is happy to assist you with any of your automation requirements. For pricing and availability on any parts and repairs contact us.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is IS230TBCIH6C?
It is a Contact Input Module manufactured and designed by General Electric
How many contact voltage input channels does the terminal board support?
The terminal board supports a total of 24 contact voltage input channels. This allows for monitoring and processing multiple input signals simultaneously.
Are there any configurable settings on the board?
No, the terminal board does not have any jumpers or hardware settings for configuration. It is designed to operate seamlessly without the need for manual adjustments, simplifying the installation process.
Can the input filter be adjusted or customized?
The input filter on the terminal board typically has a fixed configuration and response time of 4 ms. It is designed to provide optimal noise suppression for the specified application without requiring user adjustments.
Can I add more contact voltage input channels to the terminal board?
The number of channels on the terminal board is fixed at 24. If you require additional input channels, you may need to consider using multiple terminal boards or explore other solutions that can accommodate your specific requirements.