Part No.: IS230SRLSH1A
Manufacturer: General Electric
Availability: In Stock
Country of Manufacture: United States (USA)
IS230SRLSH1A is an Discrete Output Assembly developed by GE. It is a part of Mark VIe control system. The Discrete Output pack is a component within the Mark VIe control system, serving as the intermediary between I/O Ethernet networks and a discrete output terminal board. Its primary function is to facilitate the control of various devices and equipment in an industrial setting through on-off signals. The integration of this Discrete Output Assembly within the Mark VIe control system contributes to seamless and efficient operations, enhancing the overall safety, productivity, and accuracy of the processes.
- The pack itself comprises two main boards- the processor board and the acquisition board. The processor board is a common component shared among all Mark VIe distributed I/O packs. It handles the communication and coordination between the control system's central processing unit (CPU) and the specific function provided by the Discrete Output pack.
- On the other hand, the acquisition board is specifically tailored to cater to the discrete output function. It is responsible for receiving signals from the CPU and processing them into appropriate commands for controlling relays. This acquisition board ensures that the right signals are sent to the output terminal board, enabling the activation or deactivation of connected devices, such as motors, alarms, solenoid valves, or other equipment that requires discrete control.
- The Discrete Output pack offers flexibility in its control capabilities, as it can work with both electromagnetic relays and solid-state relays. Electromagnetic relays are commonly used for robust and heavy-duty applications, while solid-state relays are preferred for their fast response times and reduced wear-and-tear compared to their mechanical counterparts.
- To aid in diagnostics and monitoring, the Discrete Output pack is equipped with indicator LEDs, providing visual feedback on the status of the connected devices and the overall health of the pack itself. This feature enables operators and maintenance personnel to quickly identify any potential issues or anomalies in the system.
- Additionally, the pack supports local diagnostic serial communications through an infrared port. This allows technicians to access and retrieve diagnostic information directly from the pack using compatible devices, enhancing troubleshooting capabilities and streamlining maintenance procedures.
- High-speed processor with RAM and flash memory: The Discrete Output pack is equipped with a powerful and high-speed processor that ensures swift data processing and seamless communication with the central processing unit (CPU). The inclusion of RAM and flash memory allows the pack to store important data, configurations, and firmware updates, ensuring that critical information is readily accessible when needed.
- Two fully independent 10/100 Ethernet ports with connectors: To provide robust and redundant communication capabilities, the Discrete Output pack comes with two fully independent 10/100 Ethernet ports. These ports enable seamless integration with the I/O Ethernet networks and facilitate reliable data exchange between the pack and the central control system.
- Hardware watchdog timer and reset circuit: Safety and reliability are paramount in industrial environments, and the Discrete Output pack ensures system stability through a hardware watchdog timer and reset circuit. This mechanism monitors the pack's operation and, in the event of a system malfunction or failure, triggers a controlled reset to bring the system back to a safe state.
- Internal I/O pack temperature sensor: To monitor the operating temperature and ensure optimal performance, the Discrete Output pack is equipped with an internal temperature sensor. This sensor provides valuable feedback on the pack's thermal conditions, enabling the system to take appropriate measures to prevent overheating and potential damage.
- Infrared serial communications port: For convenient local diagnostics and configuration, the Discrete Output pack features an infrared serial communications port. Technicians can utilize compatible devices to access diagnostic information, configure settings, and perform troubleshooting tasks directly at the pack level.
- Status-indication LEDs: To provide clear and intuitive visual feedback on the pack's status, the Discrete Output pack incorporates status-indication LEDs. These LEDs allow operators and maintenance personnel to quickly assess the health and operational status of the pack and connected devices, facilitating efficient maintenance and reducing downtime.
- Electronic ID and the ability to read IDs on other boards: Each Discrete Output pack is equipped with a unique electronic ID, allowing the control system to identify and differentiate between various packs within the network. Moreover, the pack's intelligence enables it to read the IDs of other connected boards, supporting efficient device management and configuration.
- Substantial programmable logic supporting the acquisition board: To provide the necessary flexibility and customization for various industrial applications, the Discrete Output pack includes substantial programmable logic. This programmability empowers users to tailor the pack's behavior and support specific functions required by the acquisition board for precise control of relays and connected devices.
- Input power connector with soft start/current limiter: The pack is designed with an input power connector featuring soft start and current limiting capabilities. These features prevent sudden power surges during startup, safeguarding connected devices and ensuring a smooth and controlled power-up process.
- Local power supplies, including sequencing and monitoring: To enhance the reliability of the Discrete Output pack, it includes local power supplies that support sequencing and monitoring functionalities. These local power supplies enable the pack to operate independently and ensure continuous power availability for critical functions, even if the central power supply experiences fluctuations or disruptions.
- LED out - no detectable problems with the pack: When the LED is not illuminated, it indicates that the Discrete Output pack is operating normally without any critical faults or alarms. In this state, the pack is functioning as expected, and there are no issues detected that would impede its operation.
- LED solid on - a critical fault is present that prevents the pack from operating: If the LED remains solidly lit, it signals the presence of a critical fault that hinders the pack's operation. These critical faults can include hardware failures detected on either the processor board or the acquisition board. Additionally, the LED may remain solidly on if there is no application code loaded in the pack, which is necessary for its proper functioning. In this state, urgent attention and troubleshooting are required to resolve the underlying issue.
- LED flashing quickly - an alarm condition is present in the pack: A rapid flashing of the LED indicates the presence of an alarm condition within the pack. These alarms may occur if the wrong pack is connected to the terminal board or if there is no terminal board connected at all. It can also be triggered when there were errors encountered while loading the application code. Addressing the cause of the alarm condition is necessary to restore the pack's proper functionality.
- LED flashing at medium speed - the pack is not online: When the LED flashes at a medium speed, it indicates that the Discrete Output pack is not online or has lost communication with the central control system. This state may arise due to issues with network connectivity or communication protocols. Re-establishing the connection and ensuring network integrity is essential to bring the pack back online.
- LED flashing slowly - the pack has received a request to flash the LED to draw attention to the pack: In this state, the LED flashes slowly (2 cycles) to draw attention to the Discrete Output pack. This functionality is utilized during factory testing or to assist in confirming the physical location of the pack against settings in the ToolboxST* application. It serves as a visual aid to identify and verify the pack's presence and location in the system.
World of Controls has the most comprehensive collection of GE Mark VI components. Please contact WOC as soon as possible if you require any extra information.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is IS230SRLSH1A?
It is an Discrete Output Assembly developed by GE
What types of relays can the Discrete Output pack work with?
The Discrete Output pack offers flexibility and can work with both electromagnetic relays and solid-state relays. Electromagnetic relays are suitable for robust and heavy-duty applications, while solid-state relays are preferred for their fast response times and reduced wear-and-tear compared to mechanical relays.
How does the Discrete Output pack assist in diagnostics and monitoring?
The Discrete Output pack is equipped with indicator LEDs that provide visual feedback on the status of connected devices and the pack's health. This feature allows operators and maintenance personnel to quickly identify potential issues or anomalies in the system.
How does the processor board ensure efficient data processing and communication?
The processor board in the Discrete Output pack comes with a high-speed processor, as well as RAM and flash memory. This combination ensures swift data processing and seamless communication with the central processing unit (CPU) of the Mark VIe control system.