Part Number: IS220YAICS1B
Manufacturer: General Electric
Series: Mark VIeS
Temperature: -40 to 70oC
Technology: Surface mount
Number of channels :12
Availability: In Stock
Country of Manufacture: United States (USA)
IS220YAICS1B is a Analog I/O Pack developed by GE. It is a part of Mark VIeS control system. The Analog I/O pack serves as a crucial intermediary, establishing the necessary electrical link between one or two I/O Ethernet networks and an analog I/O terminal board. This integration enables seamless communication and interaction between these network components, ultimately facilitating the exchange of vital data within the system. Central to this functionality is the YAIC, which comprises a collective processor board and an acquisition board that is specifically tailored to fulfill the analog input role.
- The processor board plays a central role in orchestrating data processing and management, while the acquisition board is dedicated to handling the intricate intricacies of analog input operations. This specialized configuration optimizes efficiency and precision in analog data acquisition.
- The versatility of the I/O pack is evident in its ability to accommodate up to 10 analog inputs. The first eight of these inputs can be configured to function as either ±5 V or ±10 V inputs, catering to diverse signal requirements. Alternatively, they can be configured to accept 4-20 mA current loop inputs, allowing for the accurate measurement of current variations.
- For the remaining two inputs, a distinct set of configurations are available. These inputs can be adjusted to accept ±1 mA or 4-20 mA current inputs, enhancing the system's adaptability to a broader range of input signal characteristics.
- Incorporating precision engineering, the current loop inputs rely on load terminal resistors situated on the terminal board. These resistors are responsible for maintaining the current loop integrity. The voltage across these resistors is intelligently sensed by the YAIC, contributing to accurate data acquisition.
- Additionally, the I/O pack is equipped to support two 0-20 mA current loop outputs, enabling the system to transmit data as needed.
- The I/O pack's communication prowess is facilitated through dual RJ-45 Ethernet connectors. These connectors establish a robust connection that enables data transfer between the I/O pack and the controller, underscoring the seamless data flow within the system. Powering on the I/O pack is a straightforward process through a three-pin connector, streamlining initial setup.
- Output data is conveniently channeled through a DC-37 pin connector, which directly interfaces with the corresponding terminal board connector. This direct connection simplifies the transmission process, contributing to efficient and reliable data transfer.
- For visual insights into the system's health and performance, the I/O pack is equipped with indicator LEDs. These LEDs provide valuable diagnostic information, offering real-time feedback on the status of the system.
- Securely affix the chosen terminal board in place.
- Insert one YAIC I/O pack for simplex operation or three YAIC I/O packs for TMR (Triple Modular Redundancy) into the corresponding connectors on the terminal board.
- Ensure the packs are firmly fastened by using the threaded studs located adjacent to the Ethernet ports. These studs align with a terminal board-specific mounting bracket.
- Adjust the bracket's positioning to prevent any right-angle force exerted on the DC-37 connector between the pack and the terminal board. Typically, this adjustment is a one-time requirement over the product's lifespan.
- Attach one or two Ethernet cables based on the system's configuration. The I/O pack can operate effectively through either port. If utilizing dual connections, it's standard practice to link ENET1 to the network associated with the R controller. These choices are also defined within the ToolboxST configuration.
- Initiate power supply to the pack by connecting the plug on the pack's side. There's no need to insert this connector while the power is disconnected from the cable. The I/O pack incorporates an inherent soft-start capability that manages current inrush during power application.
- Adjust the I/O pack's configuration as required using the ToolboxST application.
World of Controls has the most comprehensive collection of GE Mark VIeS components. Please contact WOC as soon as possible if you require any extra information.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is IS220YAICS1B?
It is a Simplex Terminal Board developed by GE
How is the voltage sensed for current loop inputs?
Voltage is sensed across the load terminal resistors by the YAIC.
Does the I/O pack support any current loop outputs?
Yes, the I/O pack includes support for two 0-20 mA current loop outputs.
How does the I/O pack exchange data with the controller?
The I/O pack receives or sends data through dual RJ-45 Ethernet connectors, establishing a reliable connection with the controller.
How is the I/O pack powered on?
The I/O pack can be powered on using a three-pin connector.
How is output facilitated from the module to the terminal board?
Output is achieved through a DC-37 pin connector, creating a direct link with the associated terminal board connector.
Are there any visual indicators for system diagnostics?
Yes, the I/O pack incorporates indicator LEDs that provide visual feedback for diagnostics and system status.