Part Number: IS230SDIIH2A
Manufacturer: General Electric
Series: Mark VIe
Product Type: Isolated Contact Input Assembly
Size: 15.9 cm high x 17.8 cm wide
Operating Temperature: -30 to 65oC
Number of channels: 16
Input isolation in pack: Optical isolation
Availability: In Stock
Country of Manufacture: United States (USA)
IS230SDIIH2A is a Isolated Contact Input Assembly developed by GE. It is a part of Mark VIe control system. The Contact Input with Point Isolation terminal board stands as a versatile and vital component designed to enhance voltage detection capabilities within a range of applications. With a capacity for 16 point isolated voltage detection circuits, this terminal board offers a comprehensive solution for sensing voltage variations across diverse elements such as relay contacts, fuses, switches, and other contact points.
- The terminal board boasts a connector that offers compatibility with different option boards, enabling users to tailor their configurations according to specific operational requirements.
- To facilitate precise voltage detection, each contact input channel on the terminal board is outfitted with three dedicated terminals. These terminals collectively contribute to the accurate measurement of voltage levels, ensuring reliable data acquisition.
- What sets the terminal board apart is its adaptability in accommodating different voltage levels. Each channel has the capacity to accept a variety of voltage inputs, including 24 V DC, 48 V DC, 125 V DC, 250 V DC, 115 V AC RMS, and 230 V AC RMS. This wide-ranging compatibility makes the SDII terminal board suitable for a spectrum of applications with varying voltage requirements, enhancing its versatility and practicality.
- In scenarios where the SDII terminal board is used in conjunction with the PDII, all 16 channels on the SDII board are designated as point-isolated channels. This configuration ensures that each channel maintains its isolation, minimizing the risk of cross-channel interference and enhancing the accuracy of voltage detection.
- The integration of the Contact Input with Point Isolation and its accompanying plastic insulator comprises a cohesive system that is further enhanced by its attachment to a durable sheet metal carrier. This carrier has been thoughtfully designed to seamlessly secure the entire assembly onto a cabinet or enclosure using screws. This approach not only ensures a robust and secure mounting but also streamlines the installation process, contributing to the overall efficiency of the setup.
- The versatility of this system becomes evident when an option board is introduced into the equation. When an option board is employed, it conveniently plugs onto the SDII, creating a unified structure. The connection is bolstered by four stand-offs and associated fastener hardware, which work together to firmly hold the option board in place. This mechanism guarantees stability and durability, ensuring that the components remain securely connected even in demanding operational environments.
- For the core functionality of voltage detection, the contact inputs are wired directly to the terminal block. This connection is typically established using #18 AWG wires, which provide a reliable conduit for the voltage signals. This meticulous wiring process contributes to accurate data acquisition, ensuring that the measured voltage levels are faithfully captured.
- As part of best practices for signal integrity, the shields used for protection and noise reduction are thoughtfully managed. These shields should be appropriately terminated on a separate bracket, ensuring that they are effectively grounded and do not interfere with the core functionality of the SDII and its related components.
Voltage range for point isolated inputs
The point isolated inputs of the SDII (Contact Input with Point Isolation) terminal board exhibit a comprehensive range of operational voltages, enabling precise voltage detection across various contact points. This adaptability is manifested through a series of nominal voltage ranges:
- For 24 V DC applications, the nominal voltage range is 14 to 32 V DC.
- In 48 V DC scenarios, the nominal voltage range extends from 19 to 64 V DC.
- For 125 V DC applications, the nominal voltage range covers 50 to 156 V DC.
- In cases where 250 V DC is utilized, the nominal voltage range is 100 to 264 V DC.
- When dealing with 115 V AC RMS (Root Mean Square) at 50/60 Hz ±3 Hz, the nominal voltage range spans from 90 to 143 V AC RMS.
- For 230 V AC RMS at 50/60 Hz ±3 Hz, the nominal voltage range encompasses 90 to 265 V AC RMS.
World of Controls has the most comprehensive collection of GE Mark VIe components. Please contact WOC as soon as possible if you require any extra information.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is IS230SDIIH2A?
It is a Isolated Contact Input Assembly developed by GE
What type of terminal blocks are utilized?
The terminal board features pluggable Euro style box-type terminal blocks, offering convenient and secure connection points for wiring.
How is the board adaptable to different configurations?
The board is equipped with a connector that allows for the attachment of various option boards, enhancing its versatility and enabling customization.
How many terminals are available for each contact input channel on the terminal board?
Each contact input channel on the terminal board is equipped with three terminals, ensuring precise and reliable signal connection.
What voltage levels can each channel accept?
Each channel on the terminal board is capable of accepting various voltage levels, including 24 V DC, 48 V DC, 125 V DC, 250 V DC, 115 V AC RMS, and 230 V AC RMS.