Part Number: 9907-005
Product Type: MSLC
Dimensions: 14W x 11H x 4D
Current Transformer Range: 5-amp
Accuracy: 1 % at 25 degrees Celsius
Power Supply Input: 18 to 32 Vdc
Max Nodes per Bus: 64
Network to I/O channel: 277 Vac
Potential Voltage Range: 80-150
Maximum Stub Length: 300 mm +40 to +85 degrees Celsius
Network Isolation: 0-60 Hz: 1000 Vrms
Power Source: 95-130
Power Consumption: 14 W
Availability: In Stock
Temperature Range: -40 to +55 degrees Celsius
Weight: 9.11 lbs
Country of Manufacture: United States (USA)
9907-005 is a Master Synchronizer and Load Control Module developed by Woodward. The Woodward DSLCTM (Digital Synchronizer and Load Control) controls on each generator are used in conjunction with the MSLC, a microprocessor-based overall plant load control, to enable utility synchronization, paralleling, loading, and unloading of a three-phase producing system. MSLC functions include:
- Voltage matching with a choice of phase matching or slip frequency synchronization between a local bus and a utility.
- For a smooth load transfer, the system loads and unloads automatically.
- The capacity to control import/export levels.
- Control of associated DSLC controls in isochronous load sharing; 5. Proportional loading of associated DSLC controls for cogeneration, pressure, maintenance, or other processes.
- A controllable Power Factor.
- Internal diagnostics with output from the alarm relay driver.
- Multi-purpose adjustable high and low limit alarms, as well as load switches that may be adjusted and have relay driver outputs.
- Digital communications network to regulate power factor and loads for each generator with DSLC.
- Complete configuration, metering, and diagnostic capabilities through a portable programmer console.
- The fundamental frequencies of the utility and local bus voltage waveforms are used by the MSLC to calculate both true RMS voltages and relative phase angles.
- As the phase measurement does not rely on zero crossings of the voltage waveforms, digital signal processing techniques considerably improve measurement accuracy in the presence of waveform distortions.
- When compared to traditional analog measurement techniques, the load control's accuracy and response time are greatly increased thanks to the introduction of digital signal processing techniques.
- True RMS measurement is made possible by the instantaneous measurement of the voltage and current signal waveforms, which improves accuracy. True RMS power measurement enables the best load control in parallel applications even when there are power line distortions. Because it does away with the lengthy integration times needed in analog circuits, this approach offers faster response time.
- In power control applications, where quick response to changes in load and speed is critical, measurement speed is particularly crucial.
- The Load Control Module part of the system is responsible for managing the distribution of electrical load among the synchronized generators.
It ensures that each generator shares the load proportionally based on its capacity and ensures that no generator is overloaded or underloaded. This optimizes the efficiency and longevity of the generators.
Network Configuration Utility (AppManager)
- AppManager software from Woodward can be used to load Control software (GAP), monitor diagnostic faults, and configure Network settings.
- The AppManager utility is available for free download. A RJ45 Ethernet cable must be used to connect a PC to Ethernet 1 (ENET1). The current CPU IP Address can always be discovered/viewed using AppManager. To change settings or load applications, however, the PC running AppManager must be reconfigured to connect to the same network as the CPU.
- The system provides protection features to prevent overloading, overvoltage, and other electrical faults that could damage the generators or the connected electrical grid.
- It can disconnect a generator from the parallel operation in case of an emergency or fault to protect the system.
- Modern Master Synchronizers and Load Control Modules often feature automatic control capabilities. They can automatically start or stop generators based on the load demand.
- This automation helps maintain a stable and reliable power supply without the need for constant manual intervention.
Data Monitoring and Analysis
- These systems often include monitoring and data logging functions to keep track of critical parameters like voltage, frequency, and load conditions.
- Data analysis can help identify trends, anticipate potential issues, and optimize the performance of the generators and the electrical grid.
Human-Machine Interface (HMI)
- Users and operators can interact with the system through a user-friendly interface. This HMI provides real-time information, control options, and alarms in case of deviations from normal operating conditions.
- These systems adhere to international synchronization standards, such as IEEE 1547, to ensure compatibility and safe operation when connecting generators to the grid.
World of Controls has the most comprehensive selection of GE and Woodward components. Our professionals are available to help you with your requirements at any time. If you require any additional information, please contact WOC immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is 9907-005?
It is a Master Synchronizer and Load Control Module developed by Woodward.
What is the current transformer range of the product?
The current transformer range is 5 amps.
What is the accuracy of the module at 25 degrees Celsius?
The accuracy is 1% at 25 degrees Celsius.
What is the power supply input range?
The power supply input range is 18 to 32 Vdc.
What is the maximum number of nodes per bus?
The maximum number of nodes per bus is 64.
What is the network to I/O channel voltage for the module?
The network to I/O channel voltage is 277 Vac.
What is the potential voltage range for the product?
The potential voltage range is 80-150 volts.