Part Number: 5464-334
Product Type: Module
Availability: In Stock
Function: Analog Input Module
Country of Manufacture: United States (USA)
5464-334 is an Analog Input Module developed by Woodward. The module is specifically designed to interface with control systems that require monitoring and control of analog signals in the 4-20mA range. It serves as a crucial interface between field devices, such as sensors or transducers, and the control system, enabling the accurate measurement and acquisition of analog data.
- It accepts input signals in the 4-20mA range, which is a common industry standard for transmitting analog data. This range allows for flexibility in connecting various types of sensors and transducers that generate analog signals within this specified range.
- The module is designed with high-resolution analog-to-digital conversion capabilities, ensuring precise and accurate measurement of the incoming analog signals. This high-resolution conversion enables the module to capture even subtle changes in the input signals, providing detailed and reliable data to the control system for further processing and analysis.
- It incorporates advanced signal conditioning and filtering techniques to minimize noise and interference, ensuring the integrity of the acquired analog data. This signal conditioning helps in eliminating unwanted artifacts and disturbances, resulting in cleaner and more accurate analog measurements.
- The module is equipped with multiple input channels, allowing for simultaneous monitoring of multiple analog signals. This multi-channel capability enhances the module's versatility and efficiency, enabling the monitoring and control of multiple parameters or variables within the system.
- In addition, the module features built-in diagnostic capabilities, providing valuable insights into the health and performance of the analog input signals. It can detect faults, such as open circuit or short circuit conditions, and provide diagnostic information to the control system for proactive maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Each analog input can withstand two failures without affecting control functionality. If any two of an analog input's three legs fail, the control uses the sensed input signal from the third healthy leg to control.
- A TMR FTM connects all analog inputs to the control. The termination module of an input is used to terminate customer control wiring and distribute each input signal to all three kernels. The Application Software Redundancy Manager compares each kernel's voted result to select a value to be used within the application logic after the control's kernels double exchange their input values and vote out any erroneous values.
- An analog input signal is deemed faulty when the I/O Module or I/O Channel fails, or when it falls below or exceeds its Fail Low Value setting. These high and low failure level settings typically correspond to 2 mA and 22 mA for a 4-20 mA input. If an input is determined to have failed, it is removed from the voting logic of the control.
MicroNet TMR control system
- Magnetic pickups (MPUs) and proximity probes: These inputs allow for monitoring rotational speed and position of machinery using magnetic pickups or proximity probes.
- Discrete I/O: The control system supports discrete inputs and outputs, enabling the monitoring and control of binary signals such as switches, sensors, and alarms.
- Analog I/O: Analog inputs and outputs are available for precise measurement and control of continuous signals, such as voltage or current, allowing for accurate monitoring and control of process variables.
- Thermocouple inputs: The control system accommodates thermocouple inputs, which are commonly used to measure temperature in industrial applications. It supports various types of thermocouples, allowing for temperature monitoring and control.
- Resistance temperature devices (RTDs): RTDs are another type of temperature sensor, known for their high accuracy and stability. The control system includes inputs for RTDs, providing accurate temperature measurement and control.
- Proportional and integrating actuator drivers: The control system features integrated AC and DC position inputs, allowing for precise control of proportional and integrating actuators. This enables accurate positioning and control of mechanical devices.
- Ethernet and Serial communications: The control system supports Ethernet and Serial communication protocols, providing connectivity options for integration with other devices and systems.
- Distributed I/O with LinkNet HT: The control system offers the option of distributed Analog, Discrete, Thermocouple, and RTD I/O using LinkNet HT. This allows for remote placement of I/O modules, providing flexibility in system design and installation.
World of Controls has the most comprehensive selection of GE and Woodward components. Our professionals are available to help you with your requirements at any time. If you require any additional information, please contact WOC immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is 5464-334?
It is an Analog Input Module developed by Woodward.
How are analog inputs connected to the control system in a TMR setup?
Analog inputs are connected to the control system through a Triple Modular Redundant Field Terminal Module (TMR FTM).
What is the role of the termination module in an analog input's setup?
The termination module is used to terminate customer control wiring and distribute the input signal to all three kernels of the control system.
How does the Application Software Redundancy Manager handle analog input signals in a system?
The Application Software Redundancy Manager compares each kernel's voted result to select a value to be used within the application logic, ensuring reliable and accurate data processing.