Part Number: 3500/93
Manufacturer: Bently Nevada
Country of Manufacture: United States (USA)
Product Type: System Display
Inputs Power Consumption: 15.5 watts Maximum
3500/93 is a System Display designed and developed by Bently Nevada. It is built to satisfy the criteria of American Petroleum Institute Standard 670 and provides local or remote visual indication of all 3500 Machinery Protection System information stored in the rack, including All Channel, Monitor, Relay Module, Keyphasor Module, or Tachometer Module data is listed in the System Event List. The 3500 Rack Configuration Software is used to set up the System Display.
There are four different ways to mount the display:
Using a custom hinged support, the display fits right over the front panel of any full-size 3500 racks. This allows you to access the rack's buffered output connectors, as well as the user interface buttons and switches, without having to detach or disable the display.
19 Inch EIA Rack Mounting
Up to 100 feet away from the 3500 System, the display is mounted on 19-inch EIA rails. When using the External Power Supply, you can be up to 4000 feet away from the 3500 System.
The display is housed in a panel cutout in the same cabinet as the 3500 System or up to 100 feet away. When using the External Power Supply, you can be up to 4000 feet away from the 3500 System.
Up to 100 feet distant from the 3500 System, the display is flush against a wall or panel. When using the External Power Supply, you can get up to 4000 feet away from the 3500 System.
- Each 3500 rack may support up to two displays, and each display needs a free slot to insert the DIM that corresponds to it. The cable connection between the DIM and the Display, when the display is not face-mounted, can be done from the front of the 3500 racks or from the I/O module in the back of the rack.
- Use the External Power Supply and Cable Adapter for applications that need cables longer than 100 feet.
- Applications that employ the back-lit Display Unit are required to make use of the external power supply. There are two external power supplies: one is for 115 Vac connections, the other is for 230 Vac connections. Installation of external power supplies is made simpler with the External Power/Terminal Strip Mounting Kit.
- The Independent Mount Housing is made to accommodate the External Power/Terminal Strip Mounting Kit. The kit simplifies the process of installing an external power supply in either the Independent Mount Housing or housing that the user provides.
15.5-watt maximum (Display Unit & Display Interface Module); 5.6 watt maximum (-01 Display Unit); 12.0 watt maximum (-02 Display Unit).
Collects data, such as current values and current alarm status, via a high-speed internal network.
Rack Space Requirements
- Main Board: 1 full-height front slot.
- I/O Modules: 1 full-height rear slot
Display Interface Module
- OK LED: Indicates that the Display Interface Module is in good working order.
- TX/RX LED: When the Display Interface Module is communicating with other modules in the 3500 rack, the TX/RX LED illuminates.
- Unit OK LED: Indicates that the Display Unit is in good working order.
- Rack OK LED: Indicates that the rack is in good working order and that all channels are operational.
- Rack Alert LED: Indicates that the rack is in Alert mode, with at least one channel in Alert mode.
- Rack Danger LED: Indicates that the rack is in Danger mode, with at least one channel in Danger.
- OK LED (8): Indicates that the displayed channel(s) above the LED are in good working order.
- Alert LED (8): Indicates that the displayed channel(s) above the LED are in Alert mode.
- Danger LED (8): Indicates that the displayed channel(s) above the LED are in danger.
- A new alarm has been detected since the last acknowledgement, as indicated by the New Alarm LED.
- 640 x 200 Reflective Dots LCD: A graphical and textual display of data. The LCD module is a reflective FSTN dot matrix with no backlight. For adequate visibility, ambient white light is required. The best visibility is in indirect sunlight, and LCD visibility decreases as the ambient light level decreases. Under normal office lighting conditions, LCD displays acceptable visibility.
- Transflective 640x200 Dots LCD: Displays data graphically and textually. The transflective FSTN dot matrix LCD module has a white electroluminescent backlight.
Communication between the Display Interface Module and the Display Unit
- Protocol: Bently Nevada proprietary protocol and Modbus protocol based on AEG PI-MBUS-300 Rev. E Reference Manual are supported.
- Hardware: RS422 interface
- Channel update rate: 1 second on average.
WOC supports a large number of Bently Nevada Parts, contact us if you require additional information or have a question.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Bently Nevada 3500/93?
It is a System Display designed and developed by Bently Nevada
What is Panel Mounting?
A mechanical element or feature included in the design of a connector half is known as panel mounting.
What does the OK LED indicates?
OK LED indicates that the Display Interface Module is in good working order.
What does TX/RX LED indicates?
It illuminates when the Display Interface Module is communicating with other modules in the rack.
How to Check Price and Availability For Display Interface I/O Module?
Please Contact World of Controls FZE for sales at +1 609 385 1231 or Request a Quote.