Part Number: 3500/60
Manufacturer: Bently Nevada
Operating Temperature: -30 to +65 degrees Celsius
Storage Temperature: -40 to +85 degrees Celsius
Humidity: 95%, non-condensing
Product type: Temperature Monitor
Availability: In Stock
Country of Manufacture: United States (USA)
3500/60 is a Temperature Monitor designed and developed by Bently Nevada. The temperature monitoring modules have six channels and accept both Resistance Temperature Detector (RTD) and Thermocouple (TC) temperature inputs. These inputs are conditionally compared to user-programmable alarm setpoints by the modules. The process of utilizing the 3500 Rack Configuration Software to program various modules for RTD (Resistance Temperature Detector) or TC (Thermocouple) temperature measurements involves a range of options to suit specific needs. These modules come in different variants, including RTD/TC non-isolated and TC isolated versions, each catering to distinct requirements. The 3500 Rack Configuration Software empowers users to fine-tune the behavior of these modules according to their measurement objectives. The choice between RTD and TC measurements permits users to select the most appropriate method for their particular applications.
- Using the 3500 Rack Configuration Software, the user configures the modules to perform RTD or TC temperature measurements. RTD/TC non-isolated and TC isolated versions of various I/O modules are available. The RTD/TC non-isolated version can be configured to accept either TC or RTD inputs, or a combination of TC and RTD inputs.
- To protect against external interference, the TC isolated version provides 250 Vdc of channel-to-channel isolation.
- Temperature monitors must be installed in groups of three when used in a Triple Modular Redundant (TMR) configuration. The system uses two types of voting in this configuration to ensure accurate operation and to avoid single-point failures.
- If the 3500 system is operated in an ambient temperature above +35C and any of the isolated thermocouple I/O modules (-03 or -04 I/O ordering options) are used with Type E thermocouples, the available full-scale range is reduced. The reduced temperature range will be -60 to +1000 degrees Celsius. Rack configuration software allows the user to configure a channel down to -100 degrees Celsius, but the system will not function properly in this scenario and should not be configured to do so.
- The I/O modules are available in both non-isolated and isolated forms, allowing users to decide based on the desired level of protection against external interference. In the case of the TC isolated version, a remarkable feature is the provision of 250 Vdc of channel-to-channel isolation. This isolation acts as a robust safeguard, ensuring that the measurements remain untainted by any potential external disruptions, contributing to the precision and reliability of the temperature data.
- One of the noteworthy capabilities of the RTD/TC non-isolated version is its adaptability. Users can configure this module to accept various types of inputs. It can be set up to accommodate TC inputs, RTD inputs, or even a combination of both TC and RTD inputs. This flexibility caters to scenarios where diverse temperature measurement sources coexist, offering a comprehensive solution that simplifies the measurement process.
Front Panel LEDs
- When the Temperature Monitor is operational, this value is set to 1.
- The Temperature Monitor is now communicating with other modules in the 3500 rack.
- When the Temperature Monitor is in Bypass Mode, this value is displayed.
- +4 to +20 mA.
- To monitor the full-scale, values are proportional.
- Each channel has its own set of recorder values.
- Short circuits on recorder outputs have no effect on monitor operation.
Voltage Compatibility (current output)
- 0 to +12 Vdc across the load range.
- The load resistance ranges from 0 to 600 ohm.
- The user holds the authority to establish crucial Alert and Danger setpoints for the specific measurements taken by the monitor through the utilization of the software configuration interface. This feature empowers the user to define critical thresholds that trigger warnings and potential danger notifications, ensuring timely response to deviations from the desired values.
- The flexibility of the system extends to the configuration of alarm ranges. The adjustable range for alarms spans from 0 to 100% of the full-scale measurement range for each monitored value. This adjustable range facilitates a precise alignment of the alarm triggers with the operational requirements, enabling tailored and responsive alarm systems that resonate with the intricacies of the application.
- However, it's important to note that there's a situation where the adaptability of the alarm range meets the boundaries of the sensor's capabilities. When the full-scale measurement range of the sensor surpasses the sensor's intrinsic range, the sensor's own range acts as a constraint on the setpoint configuration. This intelligent limitation guarantees that the alarm system remains within the sensor's operational scope, preventing any unrealistic or unattainable setpoints.
- Precision is paramount in alarm systems, and the accuracy of these setpoints is maintained with an impressive margin. The accuracy of the alarms is upheld to within an exceptional 0.13% of the desired value. This stringent adherence to accuracy enhances the reliability of the alarm system, allowing it to effectively detect and notify deviations from the intended measurements.
- The Temperature Monitors are engineered to encompass a comprehensive spectrum of potential deviations. Both under and over alarm setpoints are featured, ensuring that the system responds diligently to situations where the measurements either fall below or rise above the predetermined thresholds. This dual-sided approach guarantees a well-rounded alarm system that proactively addresses a diverse array of scenarios.
WOC is happy to assist you with any of your Bently Nevada requirements. Please contact us by phone or email for pricing and availability on any parts and repairs.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is 3500/60?
It is a Temperature Monitor designed and developed by Bently Nevada
What inputs does the it accept?
The component accepts both RTD and TC temperature inputs.
How many channels does the board have?
It has six channels.
What is required for proper operation in a TMR configuration?
When used in a Triple Modular Redundant (TMR) configuration, temperature monitors must be installed in groups of three to ensure accurate operation and avoid single-point failures.
What is the temperature range for the system?
If the system is operated in an ambient temperature above +35C and any of the isolated thermocouple I/O modules (-03 or -04 I/O ordering options) are used with Type E thermocouples, the available full-scale range is reduced to -60 to +1000 degrees Celsius.