Part Number: PCI20-CXB
Manufacturer: General Electric
Availability: In Stock
Country of Manufacture: United States(USA)
PCI20-CXB is an ARCNET Network Interface Module manufactured and designed by general electric as part of the PCI20 series used in gas turbine control systems. ARCNET network interface modules (NIMs) of the PCI20 Series connect PCI bus-compatible computers to the ARCNET local area network. Plug-and-Play operation and jumperless configuration are both supported by the PCI bus. Linux as well as Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, NT, and XP are supported through drivers.
- The COM20020 ARCNET controller chip, which has more functions than the ARCNET chips from an earlier generation, is integrated into the PCI20. Command chaining, sequential access to internal RAM, the identification of duplicate node IDs, and configurable baud rates up to 5 Mbps are among the new features. Since the interrupt level and I/O base address of the module are determined through Plug-and-Play, bus congestion issues are eliminated. Arbitration in the wait state is not necessary.
- For observing network activity and bus access to the module, each PCI20 module features two LEDs. Additionally, the PCI20 includes an external DIP switch that makes it simple to change node addresses manually without removing the module.
- The PCI20 ARCNET NIM is available in a number of variations. The coaxial star topologies needing external active or passive hubs are supported by the PCI20-CXS. The PCI20-CXB provides a multi-drop or coaxial bus topology that typically doesn't require hubs.
- Other variations include the PCI20-FOG, which supports fiber optic cable with either ST or SMA connections. The RJ-45 and screw terminal connections of the PCI20-TB5 facilitate multidrop twisted-pair cabling. While the PCI20-485D supports DC EIA-485's non-backplane mode, the PCI20-485 supports DC EIA-485's DC-coupled backplane mode. The PCI20-485X offers transformer-coupled AC EIA-485 operation.
- Connects computers with PCI buses and ARCNET.
- A controller, COM20020.
- Uses any available 16-bit I/O address.
- Alternating data rates of up to 5 Mbps.
- A station address is chosen from a pool of 255 options by the node address switch.
- Supports EIA-485, coaxial, fiber optic, and twisted-pair wiring.
- Compatible with the AI Series Active Hubs and MOD HUB from Contemporary Controls.
- Quick access to the COM20020's I/O.
- Linux and Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, and XP drivers.
- Software for ISA PC/104 and PC Card bus systems that is compatible with the COM20020-based line of network adapters.
- Automatic interrupt and I/O configuration.
- Any computer bus that supports PCI may accommodate the PCI20. Removing the computer's cover will reveal the motherboard and expansion slots after the power has been turned off (connectors).
- As the exposed computer motherboard and the PCI20 are both susceptible to electrostatic discharge, care should be given when installing them. Remove the PCI20 from its protective ESD container after discharging yourself by touching the internal power supply's metal case. This will help you avoid accidentally damaging the PCI20. In close proximity to the desired slot, remove the computer's backplate (connector).
- After that, the PCI20 can be put into this slot by pushing it in evenly from the bottom until it stops and is firmly placed in the connector. Installing the little screw that was previously used to fasten the original backplate will secure the PCI20 backplate to the machine. The computer's lid is changed after the hardware has been installed.
- Operating Temperature: 0 degrees Celsius to +60 degrees Celsius
- Storage Temperature: –40 degrees Celsius to +85 degrees Celsius
- Dimensions: 4.2 inches x 5.5 inches(107 mm x 140 mm)
- I/O Mapping: COM20020 occupies 16 bytes of I/O space
WOC has the largest stock of GE Mark V Speedtronic Control System Replacement Parts. WOC is happy to assist you with any of your automation requirements. For pricing and availability on any parts and repairs, kindly get in touch with our team by phone or email.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is PCI20-CXB?
PCI20-CXB is a network interface module under the PCI20 Series.
What is the operating temperature of the module?
The operating temperature is between 0 degrees Celsius to 60 degrees Celsius.
How to Check Price and Availability For PCI20-CXB?
Please Contact World of Controls FZE for sales at +1 609 385 1231 or Request a Quote.