Part Number: DS3800HMPG
Manufacturer: General Electric
Series: Mark IV
Product type: Network Controller Board
Operating temperature: -33 to 55 degrees Celsius
Size: 8.25 cm high x 4.27 cm
Repair: 3-7 Day
Availability: In Stock
Country of Manufacture: United States (USA)
DS3800HMPG is a network controller board developed by GE. It is a part of Mark IV control system. A network controller board, also known as a network interface controller (NIC) or a network card, is a hardware component in a control system that enables communication between the control system and a computer network. It acts as an interface between the control system's internal communication bus and the network, allowing the control system to send and receive data over the network. The network controller board is typically installed in a slot or port on the control system's mainboard or backplane. It is equipped with various network connectivity options such as Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or other protocols depending on the specific requirements of the control system.
- The board has retention levers on one end and a modular connector on the other. Moreover, the board has two red indication LEDs and one amber LED that can be seen from the front of the board. A 34-pin connector, an erasable programmable read-only memory (EPROM) module, and a CPU are also present on the board.
4 standoffs that allow a daughter card to be attached are included on it. The board has more features thanks to a daughter card. The daughter card is connected to the board by a connector when the daughter card is snapped into the standoffs. The GE Network Controller Board is made to be installed into the drive quickly.
- The logic required to regulate board operations is provided by the microprocessor installed on the board. Keeping the drive from overheating requires some thought because the CPU produces heat while it is operating. The drive must have access to cool air to be cooled. This presents a dilemma because the drive frequently resides in a space that also houses other drives and other powerful machinery. When inspecting the area, pay attention to whether the wall where the drive will be put is heat to the touch.
- The primary function of the network controller board is to provide the control system with the ability to exchange data with other devices or systems connected to the network. This data can include control signals, status information, sensor data, configuration parameters, and other relevant information. By connecting the control system to a network, the network controller board enables several important capabilities:
- Remote Monitoring and Control: It allows operators or administrators to access and control the control system from remote locations using network-connected devices. This facilitates remote monitoring, troubleshooting, and configuration changes without the need for physical access to the control system.
- Data Exchange and Integration: The network controller board enables the control system to exchange data with other network-connected devices, such as supervisory control and data acquisition systems, human-machine interfaces (HMIs), databases, or other control systems. This facilitates data integration and enables higher-level control and analysis of the system.
- Integration with Enterprise Networks: In industrial control systems, the network controller board allows integration with enterprise-level networks, enabling communication between the control system and other business systems such as enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, asset management systems, or maintenance systems. This integration facilitates data sharing, reporting, and decision-making across different levels of the organization.
WOC is happy to assist you with any of your GE requirements. Please contact us by phone or email for pricing and availability on any parts and repairs.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is DS3800HMPG?
It is a network controller board developed by GE
What is the purpose of the standoffs on the board?
The standoffs on the board allow a daughter card to be attached to it.
How is the daughter card connected to the board?
The daughter card is connected to the board by a connector when it is snapped into the standoffs.
What provides the logic required to regulate board operations?
The microprocessor installed on the board provides the logic required to regulate board operations.