Part Number: 5441-693
Product type: Field Terminal Module
Number of Input channels: 24
Update time: 5 ms
Input type: Optically isolated discrete input
Time stamping: 1 ms resolution
Isolated 24 Vdc contact supply: 400 mA maximum
Repair: 3-7 Day
Availability: In Stock
Country of Manufacture: United States (USA)
5441-693 is a Discrete I/O Module developed by Woodward. It is designed to be used in conjunction with a programmable logic controller (PLC) system. This module is specifically classified as a relay module, indicating that it utilizes relays to control and switch electrical circuits. It offers a total of 13 relay circuits, allowing for multiple control and switching functionalities within a single module. As a Discrete I/O Module, it plays a pivotal role in enhancing the capabilities of programmable logic controller (PLC) systems. This module, specifically categorized as a relay module, distinguishes itself by its utilization of relays to masterfully control and switch electrical circuits, adding a layer of precision and versatility to industrial processes.
- Unleashing 13-Relay Circuits: One of the standout features of the module is its impressive array of 13 relay circuits. These circuits serve as the lifeblood of the module, enabling it to orchestrate complex control and switching tasks with ease. The ample number of relay circuits allows for multifaceted control within a single module, making it a valuable asset for streamlining automation processes.
- Seamless Integration with PLC Systems: Designed with compatibility in mind, the module seamlessly integrates with PLC systems. PLCs are the backbone of industrial automation, and this module acts as a symbiotic partner in this ecosystem, enhancing the capabilities and scope of control that can be achieved.
- Reliable and Precise Control: By harnessing the power of relays, this module ensures reliable and precise control over electrical circuits. Relays are renowned for their ability to manage high-power equipment while maintaining a safe and efficient operation. This level of control is indispensable in industries where precision and safety are paramount.
- Single Interface Port Convenience: Features a single interface port, simplifying the connectivity process. This streamlined design enhances the module's ease of use and ensures efficient integration into existing PLC systems.
- The modules are inserted into card guides in the control's chassis and connected to the motherboard. Two screws, one at the top and one at the bottom of the front panel, hold the modules in place. There are also two handles at the top and bottom of the module that, when toggled (pushed outward), move the modules out just far enough for the boards to disengage the motherboard connectors.
- The module features a single interface port, which serves as the connection point between the module and the PLC system. Through this interface port, the module can communicate with the PLC and receive control signals or transmit status information.
- With its 13 relay circuits, it provides the capability to control and monitor various electrical loads or devices. The relays within the module act as switches, enabling the PLC system to turn the circuits on or off based on the control signals received.
- Designed to provide a large number of digital input and output channels within a compact form factor, allowing for efficient use of space.
- Module will have a specified number of digital input channels to monitor the status of external devices or sensors. These inputs can detect on/off or high/low states, providing information about the status of connected equipment or processes.
- It include a certain number of digital output channels to control external devices or actuators. These outputs can switch between on/off states to activate or deactivate connected equipment or processes.
- HD Discrete I/O Modules typically support common communication protocols like Modbus, Profibus, Ethernet/IP, or others. This allows for seamless integration with central control systems such as PLCs or DCSs.
- Some advanced HD Discrete I/O Modules offer redundancy features, allowing for backup channels or module-level redundancy to ensure uninterrupted operation in case of failures.
World of Controls has the most comprehensive selection of GE and Woodward components. Our professionals are available to help you with your requirements at any time. If you require any additional information, please contact WOC immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is 5441-693?
It is a Field Terminal Module developed by Woodward.
How are the discrete inputs distributed among the control's modules?
The control's four FT Relay/Discrete Input modules accept six contact inputs each, totaling 24 inputs across the four modules. Each module is designed to handle a specific set of inputs and provides the necessary interface for connecting the contact inputs.
How is the contact wetting voltage supplied to the module?
The contact wetting voltage for the module can be supplied in two ways. It can be provided by the control system itself, or it can come from an external power source. The module offers 24 Vdc contact wetting voltage on each relay module.
Can external power sources be used for the contact wetting voltage?
Yes, external power sources can be utilized for the contact wetting voltage. The module allows for the option of using either an external 18-32 Vdc power source or an external 100-150 Vdc power source. These external sources can be connected to the module to provide the necessary voltage.