Part Number: IS230TNTCH4B
Manufacturer: General Electric
Series: Mark VIe
Function: Thermocouple Input Assembly
Availability: In Stock
Country of Manufacture: United States (USA)
IS230TNTCH4B is a Thermocouple Input Assembly manufactured by General Electric. It is a part of the Mark VIe Control System. It is an assembly of TBTCH1B with one PTCCH1B pack at the S-core location. The product offers an integrated solution for thermocouple input, ensuring reliable and accurate temperature monitoring within the broader control system setup.
- The assembly consists of two main components: the TBTCH1B (Thermocouple Input Terminal Board) and one PTCCH1B pack (Thermocouple Input Module). This assembly is specifically designed to be installed at the S-core location within a larger system or control setup. Let's take a closer look at each component:
- Thermocouple Input Terminal Board: It is a terminal board that serves as the interface between the thermocouple sensors and the control system. It provides the necessary connections and circuitry for connecting and processing the signals from multiple thermocouples. The board typically features multiple input terminals to accommodate the thermocouple wiring. It ensures accurate and reliable transmission of temperature measurements from the thermocouples to the associated control module.
- Thermocouple Input Module: The component is a thermocouple input module designed to work in conjunction with the TBTCH1B terminal board. It plugs into the TBTCH1B and expands the input capacity by providing additional thermocouple input channels. The PTCCH1B pack typically contains multiple channels, allowing for the connection and monitoring of multiple thermocouples simultaneously. Each channel within the pack is capable of processing the thermocouple signals and converting them into a suitable format for the control system to interpret and utilize.
- When these two components are combined, they form a complete thermocouple input assembly. The terminal board provides the necessary connection points for the thermocouple wiring, while the PTCC pack expands the input capacity by adding more channels for thermocouple connections. This assembly is specifically designed to be installed at the S-core location within the larger control system, enabling efficient and accurate monitoring of temperature measurements from multiple thermocouples at that specific location.
- Cold Junction Backup: Accepts a controller backup cold junction value, known as CJBackup. This feature comes into play if a problem is detected with the local cold junction sensor. By utilizing the backup value, the module can continue providing accurate temperature compensation even in the absence of reliable local sensor data.
- Remote Cold Junction: Configured to use a remote cold junction value, known as CJRemote, provided by the controller. This allows for flexibility in cold junction compensation, enabling the module to utilize an external reference point for accurate temperature measurement calculations.
- Open Wire Detection: To ensure robust and reliable temperature measurements, all thermocouple inputs on the module are biased with a direct current (dc) voltage. This voltage is designed to drive the temperature signal to its full negative scale in the event of an open wire condition. This feature helps identify and compensate for potential wiring issues, maintaining accurate temperature readings even in the presence of open circuits.
- Accuracy and Temperature Drift: Delivers high accuracy performance, exceeding ±0.1% of full scale over its specified operating temperature range. At a typical temperature of 25°C, the mean accuracy is measured to be ±0.01% with a standard deviation of 0.016%. The primary source of temperature drift in the thermocouple inputs is a precision calibration reference with a worst-case rating of 0.0008% per degree Celsius. This reference ensures that the module maintains precise and stable temperature measurements across varying operating temperatures.
WOC is happy to assist you with any of your automation requirements. For pricing and availability on any parts and repairs contact us.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is IS230TNTCH4B?
It is a Thermocouple Input Assembly manufactured and designed by General Electric
What is the role of the Thermocouple Input Terminal Board?
The Board serves as the interface between the thermocouple sensors and the control system. It provides connections and circuitry for processing the signals from multiple thermocouples.
What is the function of the Thermocouple Input Module?
It expands the input capacity by providing additional channels for connecting and monitoring multiple thermocouples. It converts thermocouple signals into a suitable format for the control system.
Where is the assembly installed within the control system?
A: The assembly is specifically designed to be installed at the S-core location within a larger system or control setup.