Part Number: 3500/25
Manufacturer: Bently Nevada
Product Type: Keyphasor Module
Availability: In Stock
Country of Manufacture: United States (USA)
3500/25 is an Enhanced Keyphasor Module developed by Bently Nevada. It is a half-height, two-channel module used to deliver Keyphasor signals to the monitor modules in a 3500 rack. When the Keyphasor mark on the shaft aligns with the Keyphasor transducer, the module detects the alignment using magnetic pickups or proximity probes and converts the input signals into digital Keyphasor signals.
3500/25 Functional Description
- For regular setup, the 3500 Machinery Protection System can accept up to four Keyphasor signals, and for paired configuration, it can accept up to eight.
- A spinning shaft or gear's once-per-turn or multiple-event-per-turn pulse known as a keyphasor signal can be used to detect timing precisely.
- As a result, shaft rotative speed and vector characteristics like 1X vibration amplitude and Phase can be measured by 3500 monitor modules and external diagnostic tools.
Enhanced Keyphasor Module
- An enhanced 3500 system module is called the Enhanced Keyphasor Module. While maintaining full downward compatibility in terms of shape, fit, and function with existing Keyphasor modules for usage in legacy systems, it offers increased Keyphasor signal processing capabilities over the prior design. The revised 149369-01 module totally replaces the Keyphasor module, PWA 125792-01.
- The 3500 system should use two Keyphasor modules whenever a system Keyphasor input is required for Triple Modular Redundant (TMR) applications. In this setup, the modules operate in parallel to give the other modules in the rack a primary and secondary Keyphasor signal.
- If there are no more than four primary Keyphasor input signals, a system with more than four Keyphasor inputs may use a paired arrangement.
- Two consecutive monitoring locations in either the upper/lower half-slot positions or both half-slot positions are needed for a paired configuration. Four Keyphasor modules will offer four output channels and accept four primary and four backup input channels (one per module).
- It is also feasible to set up three Keyphasor modules, two coupled and one non-paired. The user may configure the single unpaired Keyphasor in such a way (order either two 2-channel or one 1-channel and one 2- channel option)
Isolated Keyphasor I/O module
- The Isolated Keyphasor I/O module is intended for use in situations where many devices are connected to Keyphasor signals in simultaneously and where isolation from other systems, such as a control system, is necessary.
- Though designed primarily for Magnetic Pickup applications, the Isolated I/O module is compatible with and will provide isolation for Proximitor* applications as long as an external power supply is offered.
- This I/O module's primary goal was to measure shaft speed rather than phase. The module can provide phase measurements, although compared to the Non-Isolated I/O version, this I/O introduces a somewhat larger phase shift. The creation of once-per-turn event signals from multievent-per-turn inputs, field-upgradable firmware, and asset management data reporting are examples of enhanced product features.
Input Signal Specifications
- Magnetic pickups or proximity probe transducers can send up to two transducer signals to each Keyphasor Module. The input signal range for non-isolated I/O modules is +0.8 V to 21.0 V or +5 V to -11 V for isolated I/O modules.
- Signals outside of this range are internally restricted by the module. A shaft rotational speed of more than 200 rpm is necessary for passive magnetic pickups (3.3 Hz). Magnetic pickups or proximity probe transducers can send up to two transducer signals to each Keyphasor Module. The input signal range for non-isolated I/O modules is +0.8 V to 21.0 V or +5 V to -11 V for isolated I/O modules.
- Signals outside of this range are internally restricted by the module. A shaft rotational speed of more than 200 rpm is necessary for passive magnetic pickups (3.3 Hz).
Buffered Keyphasor Signals
The front of the rack features two coaxial connectors with buffered Keyphasor outputs. Additionally, two buffered Keyphasor outputs with Euro Style connections are accessible at the back of the rack.
Maximum output impedance for buffers is 504 ohm
Keyphasor Transducer Power Supply
Power supply for keyphasor transducers, -24 Vdc, 40 mA maximum per channel.
3500/25 Rack Space Requirement
- 1 half-height front slot
- For mounting in the full-height slots, the half-height main modules need a unique mounting adaptor. The main modules can be inserted into any one of the 14 accessible slots by the user. There can only be two main modules in each rack, one in each of the top and bottom half-slots.
WOC supports a large number of Bently Nevada parts, including 3500/45. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require additional information or have a question.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Bently Nevada 3500/25?
3500/25 is an Enhanced Keyphasor Module developed by Bently Nevada.
What is the maximum output impedance for buffers?
Maximum output impedance for buffers is 504 ohm.
How to Check Price and Availability For 3500/25?
Please Contact World of Controls FZE for sales at +1 609 385 1231 or Request a Quote.